Issue setting up Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Hi, I have problem setting up my joystick. I have calibrated and reset the device many times and I am still unable to pitch up or down in flight. In the menu and settings area, when I pitch up and down it tracks it with the little bar. But when I get in an aircraft it does not work. Roll, Yaw, and throttle works, but not pitch. I just bought the game and I was disappointed to find I could not even get off the ground. How could I resolve this?

Thanks in advance, thebigdog360

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you tell us where you calibrated your joystick? i.e. in Windows or in X-Plane ( under Settings —> Joystick)

If you have calibrated it there, do you get a blue line, which moves as you move your joystick?

If you do get a blue line, is the pitch axis assigned to ’Pitch’?

Edited by Super27
  • Like 1

Hi, I calibrated it in Xplane 11 and yes, I did get a blue bar when I calibrated it and it followed my movements accurately. I did not have to manually accept because I could go the entire distance. Automatically, pitch was set to the “< X >” axis. I am not sure if “X” is the pitch axis or not. Let me know if you want a screenshot.

P.S, at the bottom of my screen it says “Multiple axes assigned to pitch. Your controls might not work correctly.” That might be the issue, but I am clueless as to how I would fix it.

Edited by thebigdog360

Hi Blue. It automatically put my pitch as x and my roll as y. When in flight, if I tilt the stick side to side the plane rolls. But if I tilt it forward and back the pitch does not work. I tried switching the two, and when I did that if I pulled the stick back and forward and it rolled the plane, and tilting side to side did not work. There is a message at the bottom of the settings menu that advises that multiple axes have been assigned to pitch, and I do not k ow how to fix that.

Hi Bigdog.

You are likely having one axis assigned to the same action, Roll in this case. You may want to tr and use Reset to Defaults to begin with, and change the ones you want later.

The assignments can be somewhat awkward until you get used to it. The basic steps, see the pic below, are:

Note: The image posted is a combination of other Pop ups and it will have different locations than in the the sim, where they show up in sequence, not all at once.

For Axis and Hat switch:

1-Move an axis / or press button and LClick (Left Click) on the down arrow- Arrow 1

2-Select the Function you need from the Pop up sub menu -Arrow 2, in this case shows Roll typically assigned to Axis 1.

3-Repeat step 1,2 for all the elements that have the Down arrow to the right of them.

For buttons:

1-Press the Button you want -Arrow 3

2-LClick on Edit -Arrow 4

3-Select the function you need, from the Pop up, and LClick- Arrow 4

4-LClick on Apply-Arrow 6

Repeat from 1-4 for each button.

XP11FulJstkAll1.jpg

Edited by bluesideup

Hi! Thank you for all your help but I am very sorry to let you know that it was my fault. I did not realize that I had another device plugged in to my computer that had not been calibrated and was causing my joystick to not work properly. I unplugged it and everything was fine. Sorry if you spent a lot of time writing out the replies but it is all resolved now, Thank you!

• 9 months later...